Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why Working as a Nanny is so Important!

In Honor of National Nanny Recognition Week

By Emelie Wingblad Root

I've spent the last 16-years working in the child care industry and feel that one of my best assets is the way I relate to children!

Caring for children is the one thing in my life that I can confidently say that I know how to do, and being a nanny allows me the opportunity to put that knowledge into practice five days a week.

I enjoy the one-on-one time that being a nanny allows me to spend with the children I care for as well as the feeling that I'm taking part in something bigger, in some small way, helping to mold and shape these children into the adults they will someday become.

I can only hope that as their caregiver, some small thing that I have taught them, or said to them, will stay with them throughout their lives just as I will always remember my time with them!

Seeing these kids grow and change everyday is a blessing and I can't see myself doing anything else.

Why do you think working as a nanny is important?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Being a nanny is important because the parents need to work and we can raise the child in their home environment in the ways that are important to the parents. We can follow their nutritional guidelines, disciplinary rules, homeschool them, and so on. Thanks for great articles this week!

April said...

I love Emilie!!! She is so wonderful and is a great nanny!

April said...

sorry I spelled it wrong Emelie.

Anonymous said...

Super comments Emelie. Great nannies clearly read this blog...thanks great nannies for sharing your thoughts and inspirations!
Maria Lopez, Miami FL

Pam Perkins said...

Being a nanny is important because you have the privilege of loving, nurturing, caring for, teaching, playing, on and on....with the children placed under your care while their parents are at work. Your employers have trusted you with one of their most valuable possessions...their children! I spend time researching information on positive discipline, developmental characteristics for the ages of the children I care for, and planing and doing age appropriate activities with them. Being a nanny is a very rewarding job.
Pam Perkins